Welcome to Thornton Plastics. Thornton is a premier manufacturer and supplier of vials, containers, and jars. We specialize in smaller sized produts such as small plastic containers and jars. Thornton's carries colored and clear plastic vials, pharmacy bottles, plastic jars, glass vials, hinged lid containers, hinged lid boxes, and closures (lids). The containers are perfect for packaging, shipping, storing, presenting or sampling any type of object, liquid or product. All products are made from high-quality polystyrene, polyethylene, polypropylene, or glass. The containers are found in several industries and are used for several applications. Browse online by clicking on the links below. You can be sure to find the highest quality containers and bottles sold at a great price from Thornton Plastics.
Thornton Plastics was started in 1955 by my Grandfather Wayne Thornton. We are in the third generation now and still continuing to grow. We distribute hundreds of different products and different types of plastic vials, glass vials, hinged-lid containers... anything for your plastic storage needs. What makes us unique from most other manufacturers? We sell to the public and our customer service is excellent. We ship any size, very small to... you know, hundreds-of-thousands of cases. We are constantly innovating with new products and expanding our product line. Our sizes range from one-eighth ounce to 16 ounces. Everything is made and manufactured in the U.S.A. Thornton Plastics has all your solutions. So, give us a call, check our website, and let us give you solutions to your packaging needs.
Uses of polystyrene, polyethylene and polypropylene plastics
Choosing containers made of the right material is crucial in ensuring durability and quality. There are many elements that make the products Thornton manufactures and supplies quality containers. Plastics are used in constructing wholesale plastic vials, plastic containers and plastic cosmetic jars alike, therefore, understanding the various types of plastic is essential before you buy a container.
1. Thermosetting plastics or thermosets- these retain their shape, and they neither bend nor return to their original shape even on heating.
2. Thermoplastics- these are more flaccid than thermosets and change their shape when heated that is, they return to their original forms.
Each plastic is used for a different purpose depending on its characteristic.
Polystyrene is a polymer of monomers known as styrene. Manufactured in many different forms, each of which has different functions. It is an excellent insulator, moldable and light in weight and is made rigid and transparent. You will find polystyrene plastics everywhere. Thornton's plastic vials, clear jars and hinged boxes are made of Polystyrene.
This polymer of polypropylene monomers has many diverse uses. It resistant to high temperature, corrosion by both bases and acids in chemicals making them ideal for storing certain liquids and chemicals.
Polypropylene is light and has average to zero transparency and is, therefore, the most common material used as a small plastic packaging container. Thornton's hinged-lid containers, pharmacy vials, white, black and natural jars our made of polypropylene
Polyethylene is the most commonly used plastic polymer. The uses vary according to these types.
• Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) - this is not easily corroded by chemicals and is a tough material.
• High-density polyethylene (HDPE) - Sturdy and translucent. It does not leach. It is resistant to ultra-violet radiation that could decolorize the material and can withstand extreme temperatures ranging from -100 to 80 degrees Celsius.
• Medium-density polyethylene (MDPE)- this makes bags, gas pipes, disposable gloves, fittings, and packaging films.
• Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) - this is the softest and most flexible and is, therefore, used to produce sacks, sheets, jars and squeeze bottles. It can float on water or alcohol when placed in it, and for this is the reason it is referred to as low density.
Polyethylene is recyclable in which serves to ensure that the environment is preserved and free from pollution. It degrades quickly making it ideal for disposable items, and at the same time, it is sturdy enough for regular-use items.
Polyethylene, polystyrene and polypropylene are an important part of our daily lives. They have all sorts of applications from our homes to offices to industries. Whether it is for retail, laboratory uses, electronics packaging, or packaging and storage of small items - plastics will always have a place.